Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Golden Swift Island"


I consider "Golden Swift Island" my signature piece.

The 2 consecutive early autumn mornings I spent in 2007 witnessing and photographing the shifting fog and light beneath "the big bridge" on the "the river" were transformative ones in my life.  It pulled me back into a life-long love of photography, but within the realm of digital, and the fun of :"finishing" the original artistic vision of a composition, as I saw it,  with aesthetic digital post-processing.

"Golden Swift Island", a 24x40 canvas gallery wrap, sold last week from Falling Rivers Gallery in downtown Albemarle ($840.00)  Although that canvas is unique and will never be reproduced in the exactly the same way, I will continue to create and print slightly different versions and sizes of my signature image.

A framed 20x30 canvas version is currently available at 2nd Street Gallery in Albemarle for ($800.00). Other of my bridge canvases can be found at The Cottage on Tillery and
The Cottage House in downtown Badin.

This post is dedicated to "Scout" 1998-2011,
 my  lil' Scoutster" who left a bit too early for me to share this with.

No comments: