Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fishin', boatin', crusin', sailin', tooning

On my way to check out new location on the south end of the lake, I happened upon what looked to be a bass fishing tournment launching at dawn. I stopped and snapped a few, not mentally prepared for the moving boats in near darkness, so I just shot on "program mode" and tried to manually focus somewhere "in the ballpark". The result are just the snapshots I figured they would be, but it was fun bumping into the "surprise" opportunity near the big bridge. Another surprise was the tourney
must have been for couples and some of them are waving to me in the shots, something I couldn't really see in the dark from my perch on the little bridge above them.

I continued over to the Goat Island area of the lake near Norwood, and got one "keeper" in the fog. Most of this Smilebox is of other days, with better results. I'm going back to the Goat Island area in the coming days to explore some locations a realtor gave me.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Fishn' Cruisn' Tillery
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: